Friday, 19 March 2010

Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton - "I think I have stepped into an alternate world"









An early morning start but after 11hrs sleep i was ready for the day to begin and the wondering around New York. A quick breakfast and then it was down to the Fashion Institute of Technology - FIT museum - I loved it - I want to go so badly!! We went to two exhibitions - 'American Beauty' and 'Day and Night' - taking notes and sketches of fantastic and talented designers whose clothes tell a story and give us an insight


into history. From Claire McCardell - Valentino - Jesse Franklin Turner, these amazing pieces of clothing were definitely something to look at and inspire to have.





Next was making New York our oyster (as they say) walking all over fifth avenue to Rockefeller - a diner for lunch and shops - taking sneak photos of outside window displays and credible VM whilst taking notes of important visuals and getting bags, look books and anything you could get your hands on from every shop I could.


















































It was amazing, the shops were all around the same area- Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Ann Taylor, Anthropologies, Henri Bengal, Bergdorf Goodmans and many more. some of the expensive designer shops we went into were ridiculously snotty and some of the prices - wooooo - a flower broach from Bergdorf Goodmans was $2,767 and it wasn't even that nice.













































After many hours of walking and researching we returned back to the hotel then it was off to the KNICKS basketball game and Madison Sqaure Gardens to feel like a true American experience - it was against the 'Charlotte Bobcats' it was ludicrous we won 97-94 extremely close an a very tense game indeed. The atmosphere was metal - I found it hilarious when a foul was given to the KNICKS which many did not agree to it resulted in the majority of the stadium shouting "B***s**t a brilliant end to a great day. And what a day it was - it even makes my head spin writing it I can only imagine what is is like reading it!












No comments:

Post a Comment