Early start again and a bit of a debate as to where to go - there is sooooo much to do with so little time. While we were deciding and before we left we decided to book tickets to see Mamma Mia at The Winter Theatre on BROADWAY - yes B
roadway - how exciting!!!




We set off to the top of 5th Avenue - going back to my earlier blog of the snow in England and getting to the airport and the trouble it caused - on Thursday night we were expecting 3 inches of snow in New York by the time I woke up didn't see a trace of it at all - I only knew about this load of snow due to the huge amounts in Central part it was like being in 2 different places at once.
We decided to set off to the top of 5th avenue and the upper east/west side. Our day consisted of going to Bloomingdale's, Barneys, Urban Outfitters. DKNY etc. Continuing our research in the cold and the snow. Again talking notes and photos as we went.
After researching all morning we proceeded for lunch at a deli where we bought loads of cheap food from a massive buffet and ate so much I felt like I couldn't walk and the food babies where definitely Oct-tuplets.
After lunch when i finally could begin to move we walk
ed past expensive hotels e.g. The Plaza - seeing how the other world live. What was even better was around this area and the opening to central park were horses with carriages - and yes as you have already guessed - we went on a horsey ride around Central Park in the snow - it was so romantic - it was a shame I was with 3 girls instead of some attractive man in a romantic movie. It was so magical with all the snow the horse and the blanket I can sum it up as quiet, tranquil and relaxing you wouldn't think you were in the middle of Manhattan at all.
Unfortunately it had to end and It was walking back to the hotel to get ready for t
he evening showing of Mamma Mia!!
INCREDIBLE!!!!!! - the dancing, the singing and the atmosphere I couldn't ask for more - I wonder how different it would be in England? The actors were incredible especially Donna - she was very talented and the man who played Sky - well the definite consensus was hot - especially walking round stage with no top on with an amazing body - added benefit :)
To add to this - have to confess to an embarrassing moment - consisting of me singing along as you do - expect I did not expect them to cut the music for a pause during the song - and who keeps singing - yes you have guessed it - yours truly - of course everyone found it hilarious - I was the same colour red as the velvet chairs we were sitting on - but I have to admit it was entertaining. The best part had to be the end when everyone got up and were all singing along and when the male characters came out with the incredible all in one catsuits and platforms - HYSTERICAL!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment